Note: changes to our services are ongoing in response to the COVID-19 outbreak. Pastor Justin Rich and church leaders are continuing to monitor the situation and adjust accordingly.
Update – March 22, 2020
Church family and community members:
Pastor Justin Rich and the leadership team have chosen to cancel in-person worship services for at least two weeks: March 22nd and 29th, 2020.
Our worship team is working to provide a live stream format. Please continue to check our website for updates and reach out with any questions or needs you may have.
Most of all, please pray! This is a challenging time for our country, state, and community. But God is in control. Seek Him for peace and strength.
Pastor Justin Rich
Update – March 17, 2020
Dear Church family and friends,
I know that all are concerned about the current COVID-19 pandemic that is going across the world right now. I want to remind you of a few things:
First, I want to remind you that Jesus Christ is King of Kings and Lord of Lords and is in total control! He has told us:
“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9
“Therefore, do not be anxious, saying, “What shall we eat? Or “What shall we drink?” or “What shall we wear?” For the gentiles seek after these things, and your Heavenly Father knows that you need them all. But seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things will be added to you.” Matthew 6:31-33
Second, this is an opportunity to pray. Pray for our world: for those people who are living without hope in the face of this crisis. Pray for those who are on the front lines caring for the sick: doctors and nurses who are overwhelmed in some circumstances. Pray for the church across the world as the Gospel is shared and hope is lived out. As a church, we will join together with Southern Baptists across the nation this Sunday in a day of prayer for those impacted by this virus.
Third, be encouraged that we are taking steps to ensure we can still gather together. Our leaders have put together the following to best meet the needs of our congregation:
Updates: be sure you are regularly checking our website, social media outlets and texts/emails for information regarding how we are adjusting to new information and plans. You can get up-to-date information at calbapjc.com.
- All nursery, small group Bible studies, business meetings and Sunday evening Snack & Study activities will be cancelled for the next 2 weeks.
- We ask that small group leaders find alternative ways to communicate/meet with their small groups during the week.
- You are likely aware that those at highest risk are people who are over the age of 60, small children, women who are pregnant, or those who are otherwise immuno-compromised or have a chronic illness. If you are not feeling well in any way, we ask that you remain home.
- Our worship leaders are working diligently this week to provide a YouTube and/or Facebook live stream for you and your family so that you can worship the Lord with us from home.
- We value and depend on your tithes and offerings; however, we will not be passing offering plates. You are encouraged to leave your offerings in the church office with LaDonna before you leave on Sunday, or mail your tithes and offerings to:
Calvary Baptist Church
1436 Hough St.
Jefferson City, MO 65101
- During this time, if you need help in any way, please feel free to reach out to Pastor Justin (573-289-5204), Bart Hawcroft (573-694-8575), Steve Boyce (573-821-3119), or to your Bible study groups.
I want to encourage you that while we need to take these steps to address the needs of our church and community, they are not permanent steps. We will continue to monitor the situation and will make adjustments as needed. Please look for future updates on service times and activities.
I encourage you to continue to pray and to look for opportunities to live out your faith at home and in front of those around you who need hope in this time. The Lord is our hope, our refuge and strength, and we will put our trust in Him!
I love you all,
Pastor Justin Rich